December 16, 2017, 06:14:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Raider application - Tank  (Read 262 times)

Fesacious

• Users
Raider application - Tank
« on: September 16, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »
Personal Information

Nationality : British
What timezone you live in? : British Summer Time (server time -1)
Additional info that might be relevant : I enjoy being actively social in a guild, not shying away from talking and participating (but also knowing when to shut up when raiding)
Currently studying a BSc in Computer Games Programming at University and when I am not playing WoW I am usually messing around in the Unity games engine, playing DOTA, Starcraft 2 or, more recently, PUBG.

Character information

Level : 110
Race : Blood elf (although I am considering a race swap to Tauren)
Class : Paladin
Armory Link : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/fesacious
Primary spec/role : Prot
Secondary spec/role : Holy
Applying for (Raider or Social) : Raider
Are you willing to respec (immediately or in the future)? : Yes
Total time /played : 4 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes and 8 seconds
Your Alts, if any : None on Draenor
Additional info that might be relevant : I recently swapped from Silvermoon to Draenor so most of my expirence comes from my human prot paladin on there (armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/flowicity). Most of the time I wasn’t able to find a guild with a  progression attitude so my progress is mostly from PUG’s.
I am also still gearing this character, currently at 887 ilvl, although it won’t take me long to get geared up to a good level.

Misc information
Do you have a stable connection to the Internet? (Less than 1 disconnect from the server per day) : Yes
How is your computer connected to your Internet router? (Ethernet Cable, Wireless 802.11b/g/n/ac) :  Ethernet cable through a powerline adapter
How is your router connected to the Internet? (ADSL, VDSL, Cable-TV, etc) : 70Mbp/s fibre optic connection
Can you use Teamspeak and do you have a working headset/microphone? Do you talk? : Yes, yes and yes, I also have a good quality microphone
How would you rate your English, written and spoken? :  Shakesperian levels! “Thou appears to have found oneself standing in a most harmful substance!”
Did you level this character yourself? : Yes
What was your previous guild and why did you leave it? (or want to leave it) :  The guild I am currently in, <Part Time Legends>, didn’t have room for a tank and also didn’t have the same mindset when it came to progression that I did. The guild I was in before that, <Asylum Reborn> had several leadership and member issues that weren’t addressed at all, resulting in a severe lack of progression.
Do you have an open application to another guild at the moment? : No
What you are looking for in a guild and what can you do for OSF? : I am looking for a guild with a serious attitude to progression but that also can have a laugh and some banter in between pulls/ when the guild isn’t raiding. I would also like to be able to do Mythic+ dungeons with the guild as well.
In return I think I can bring a focused mindset with a want to improve at the game whilst also enjoying the game and knowing how to have fun. I also think I can a willingness to participate outside of raid hours for things like M+’s and helping others in game if they need it.

Where did you hear about Order Of The SilverFlame? :  The Draenor section on the WoW forums
Additional info that might be relevant : I have a good PC so I won’t lag in raids (i5 4670, GTX 970 with 16GB RAM)
***Only for Raiders' Applications***
Your Class: Paladin
Please give a brief explanation how your spec works (ie. How did you pick your talents, enchants, stat priority, etc.) : The cornerstone of the protection paladin is shield of the righteous, having a really good damage mitigation amount but requiring good control over the number of stacks so you are not letting the cooldown go to waste but also having a charge up for when you need it. To compliment SotR, prot paladins also have spells like Ardent Defender, Eye of Try and Guardian of Ancient Kings, all of which can be use in combination with SotR for high burst damage encounters such as KJ’s felclaws or Avatars desolate (espically when you get the second stack). It is also important to manage aspects such as Avengers shield giving a damage shield and Judgement lowering the cooldown on SotR.
Paladins also bring lots of utility in the form of blessing. Blessing of Protection can be used to save either myself or another raider from a potential lethal ability, Blessing of Freedom  and Blessing of Sacrifice which can help be useful when the other tank is lacking cooldowns for a big ability or a DPS or Healer is taking a lot of damage. In terms of stat priority, haste is the most important as it will increase uptime on SotR as well as your other big cooldowns. Same goes for enchants, either stamina, strength or haste.

How does your UI look like, do you track your CDs with anything? (Please share a screenshot of your UI in raiding enviroment) : I use a combination of ElvUI, WeakAuras, BigWigs and Details! for my UI as well as TidyPates Threat for keeping track of aggro. Here is a screenshot of my UI setup including me WA's https://imgur.com/a/mf103
Do you have a log parse? (ie. Warcraftlogs, World of logs) : No

Raid information
Which of these raid times are you available to raid?
Wednesday 19:45 - 23:00 : Yes
Thursday 19:45 - 23:00 : No
Sunday 19:45 - 23:00 : Yes
Monday 19:45 - 23:00 : Yes

How many days per week do you want to raid, maximum? : 2-3

What raiding experience do you have from Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP? :  None
What raiding experience do you have in WoD? (please list the bosses downed if you have not completely cleared an instance) : None
What raiding experience do you have in Legion? (please list the bosses downed if you have not completely cleared an instance) : Normal and Heroic ToV, Normal Nighthold and 5/9 Heroic on Nighthold (Skorpyron, Chronomatic Anomaly, Trilliax, Spellblade Aluriel and Krosus downed) and Normal ToS and 7/9 Heroic ToS (Downed all bosses except Fallen Avatar and KJ)
Additional info that might be relevant : At this moment in time, I am looking to get into solid heroic progression although in the future I would be interested in moving to Mythic progression.

Is there anything else that you would like to add about your entire application ? :  Not really, I feel I have covered all the main points! 😊

Zelest

• Officers
Re: Raider application - Tank
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
Hi and thank you for applying. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Tivapan

• Officers
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
Will you bring your pally from Silvermoon over?
Else I dont think we have time to gear you up as we are going Mythic.

Fesacious

• Users
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
Will you bring your pally from Silvermoon over?
Else I dont think we have time to gear you up as we are going Mythic.

Um, I didn't really want to transfer my paladin from Silvermoon. Is there not a heroic group I can join or maybe join as a social until I am the appropriate ilvl. I am already 902 so it won't take me long. What ilvl were you looking at to do Mythic?

Anu

• Officers
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »
ok I see you have the experience on another char on another server but I want at least 920 for a tank starting into mythic.

I'd be willing to let you join but there is maybe one night a week we run the other difficulties as the main raids focus is moving to mythic.

If you are willing to start as a social with the prospect of moving to raider then sure I'd give you the chance to do that.

Fesacious

• Users
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
ok I see you have the experience on another char on another server but I want at least 920 for a tank starting into mythic.

I'd be willing to let you join but there is maybe one night a week we run the other difficulties as the main raids focus is moving to mythic.

If you are willing to start as a social with the prospect of moving to raider then sure I'd give you the chance to do that.

Yeah joining as a social until I have the gear to raid Mythic sounds good to me :)

Anu

• Officers
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »
ok contact someone ingame for a invite :)