October 23, 2017, 10:38:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Application to Join  (Read 159 times)

Mágics

• Members
  • Magic... is not just an illusion!!
Application to Join
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
Hello! I have just finished running ToS (Normal) with your guild, and after a good 15 minute chat with Ladjyhawk, I am submitting my application to join your guild.

I truly enjoyed the vibe and welcoming atmosphere; even though I joined a guild run, I was immediately given TS details (which I used and logged in to TS!).

As a Nomral / Heroic raider (I've completed both EN and NH on Heroic), I'm looking to take my game and skill one step further. While I am not a Mythic raider, I don't see a reason to not aspire to that, in time. Meanwhile, I will enjoy my Normal /HC, until my gear and skill is ready.

Thank you for the good run, and I look forward to many more raids with you!

Personal Information

Nationality : Italian (but I live in London).
What timezone you live in? : Server time -1.00hr  (i.e., London time)
Additional info that might be relevant : Uhm... I play the saxophone and piano...? lol. On a more serious note, I work for the Home Office on a shift pattern which is often 12-14 hours a day... but I always try get some WoW gaming time in, most every day.

Character information

Level : 110
Race : Belf
Class : Mage
Armory Link : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/magicks
Primary spec/role : Frost
Secondary spec/role : Fire
Applying for (Raider or Social) : Raider, primarily.
Are you willing to respec (immediately or in the future)? : As required, by encounter (but no Arcane)
Total time /played : Since 2009
Your Alts, if any : All classes, with more than half of them at level 105-110
Additional info that might be relevant : I typically play ranged DPS, although I do enjoy tanking on my Prot Pally (lvl 108).

Misc information

Do you have a stable connection to the Internet? (Less than 1 disconnect from the server per day) : Yes! I have a very reliable 200mb Fibre Optic Connection with Virgin Media.
How is your computer connected to your Internet router? (Ethernet Cable, Wireless 802.11b/g/n/ac) : Ethernet
How is your router connected to the Internet? (ADSL, VDSL, Cable-TV, etc) : Fibre Optic
Can you use Teamspeak and do you have a working headset/microphone? Do you talk? : Yes / Yes / Yes
How would you rate your English, written and spoken? : Very good!

Did you level this character yourself? : Yes, this was my first character, and has remained my "go to" toon, always.
What was your previous guild and why did you leave it? (or want to leave it) : It was a large guild, but spread out across many servers; as a result, you'd only get 4-5 online. There was no guild chat, and no sense of belonging to a guild; it was quiet... like playing Skyrim... 
Do you have an open application to another guild at the moment? : No, I am guild-less, and have no applications. I'd rather play alone at this stage, than fill the roster of a guild that talks a good game, but doesn't play a good game.
What you are looking for in a guild and what can you do for OSF? :  I'm primarily a Normal to Heroic raider, and while I aspire at some point to "try" Mythic, I've never been part of a guild that had those aspirations. I'm not hard-core, but I do like a good challenge; even if I never do Mythic, I'll be happy with Heroic, and a good guild vibe. I play almost every day, a lot of it on alts now because of not being in a solid guild on my main; I would like to contribute, become a better player, and let the guild know that if they need a ranged DPS, they can count on someone mature, without an ego, ready to improve, and happy to get online when I'm available!
Where did you hear about Order Of The SilverFlame? : I applied via "Premade Groups", and had a wonderful run with your Guild in ToS (Normal).
Additional info that might be relevant : I'm currently on Stormscale, but am happy to move to Draenor if / when accepted into the guild.

***Only for Raiders' Applications***

Your Class

Please give a brief explanation how your spec works (ie. How did you pick your talents, enchants, stat priority, etc.) : With Fire, I maximise my Heat Streak procs, alternating between a decent crit rate (ca. 48%), Scorch procs from my Legendary, and of course the basic Fireblast / Phoenix Flames. This latter one I use for stacked AoE, and when it procs a Flamestrike, I'll let that rip as well. And then we have the oh-so-wonderful Living Bomb! Basically, I treat fire as my main AoE / Trash spec, but try to use Frost on Bosses because it has better single-target damage. I ramp up my Icicles, get a FoF proc, pop Frozen Orb, unleash the Ice Lances, followed by Ebon Bolt and Flurry (hopefully having a proc of Flurry from Frost Bolt). It's pretty straightforward. I don't try to spec into AoE talents with Ice, as my Fire spec is far better suited.
How does your UI look like, do you track your CDs with anything? (Please share a screenshot of your UI in raiding enviroment) : I use ElvUI, along with some WA strings (limited) and Doom Cooldown Pulse. I find that ElvUI's CDs works well enough for me. I've linked a Screenshot from a HC Nighthold run done about a month ago; my UI hasn't changed in nearly 9 months.
Do you have a log parse? (ie. Warcraftlogs, World of logs) : No, have never parsed.

Raid information

Which of these raid times are you available to raid? It all depends on my work schedule. I sometimes go as long as 6 weeks on night shifts, meaning I am available only on my days off (3 times a week, shift pattern applied). But tentatively, I am otherwise available every night.
Wednesday 19:45 - 23:00 : OK
Thursday 19:45 - 23:00 : OK
Sunday 19:45 - 23:00 : OK
Monday 19:45 - 23:00 : OK

How many days per week do you want to raid, maximum? : 2-3 (3 is probably the ideal)

What raiding experience do you have from Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP? : I started playing only towards the end of WotLK, and really didn't get into more serious raiding beyond LFR until 7.2.5 came around. Although, I have completed EN and NH on Heroic a few times already, as well as ToS on Normal. Up until Legion, I only ever did LFR.
What raiding experience do you have in WoD? (please list the bosses downed if you have not completely cleared an instance) : Only LFR, and didn't even bother with Hellfire Citadel, as I stopped playing during WoD (I found it a massively tedious and disappointing expac).
What raiding experience do you have in Legion? (please list the bosses downed if you have not completely cleared an instance) : Have cleared every Raid on HC, except for ToS (which I have done on Normal). ToV I have only done on LFR, but I have no plans to pursue a higher tier at the moment, because I don't see a point to it at this stage.
Additional info that might be relevant : None.

Is there anything else that you would like to add about your entire application ? : No, I feel I've covered all the points. :-)

UI LINK HERE: WoWScrnShot_060717_193339 by Jodharry, on Flickr[/img]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:42:53 AM by Magicks »

Lajdyhawk

• Guild Mama
  • Administrator
Re: Application to Join
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »
Accepted!!!

Welcome to us :D

ZaneMis

• Users
Re: Application to Join